With a reputation of providing top notch services that is highly personalized Sambara Tours and
Treks is setting new standards in the Bhutanese tourism industry.
Our services begin from the moment you decide on visiting this enchanted Himalayan realm. And we assure you that your visit,
handled with our professionalism, will truly be a magical one. Try us and experience the best Bhutan has to offer.
NOTE : All the rates mentioned are in US dollars.
- The package tariff rates given in the paragraph 2 below include service for land transport
within Bhutan, accommodation, food,
sightseeing, guide and cultural program when and where available.
- The daily rate per person visiting in a group is as follows:
- Cultural U$ 200.
- Treks US$ 200
Tariff for Individuals and small Groups (FITS)
DISCOUNTS ON TOURIST TARIFFF
Individual tourist and smaller groups of less than four person shall be subject to surcharge,
over and above the daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single/Individual - US$ 40 per day per person
- Group of 2 - US$ 30 per day per person
- Group of 3 - UDS$ 20 per day per person
- The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
- The surcharge will not apply to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visits duly approved and cleared by the Tourism Authority of Bhutan (TAB).
- Visitors qualifying for discounts given below shall not be exempt from surcharge.
- Individuals and small group desizing separate cars and desizing Five Star or special hotels can be arranged on additional payment.
The under mentioned categories of visitors shall be eligible for discounts only on daily rates given below: Diplomats (holding diplomatic passports) accredited to Bhutan and stationed in neighboring/SAARC Countries shall be given a 25% discount on the rates if they come in a group of 4 person and above. The discount is applicable throughout the year.
Children up to 3 years will not be charged any fee. However, children, accompanied by their parents, and between the age of 4-7 and 8-12 years will be given 50% and 25% discount respectively on the rates. Full time students who are below the age of 25 and who hold valid identity cards from their academic institutions will also receive this 25% discount. This discount is applicable throughout the year.
As per the international norms, 10% of the group tour payment shall be deductible/payable to principal generating agent as commission at source.
A discount of 50% on the rates is applicable for one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons. A 100% discount will be applicable to a group leader if his/her group exceeds 16 persons.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges which will be charged as
- Within 4 weeks -- 25%
Within 2 weeks -- 50%
- Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice -- 100%
There shall be no charge for the delays in arrival or departure of tourists due to Druk Air problems,
weather conditions or road blocks .however tourists will be charged the actual expenses on accommodation,
food and any other services required for delayed departure of DRuk Air.
Click here to download visa form in PDF
Payment should be deposited with the Royal Monetary of Bhutan Banks mentioned below. A copy of the payment should be
sent to us by fax or post. Alternatively, the tour leader can bring along the payment in a demand draft,
payable to the Tourism Authority of Bhutan or in travelers cheque or cash, whichever is more convenient(Personal cheques are not accepted).
The Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan requires that the mode or payment shall be in the following foreign currencies: US Dollar, British Sterling, Deutsche Mark, Swiss Franc, French Francs, Japanese Yen, Hong Kong Dollar and Singapore Dollar.
All exchange rates will be based on the US dollar and calculated at the prevailing exchange rate determined by the Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan, Thimphu.
Visa applications should be routed through Sambara Tours & Travels
- Three weeks prior to arrival of the tour to Bhutan, we require the following:
Send the completed visa application form of each client along with passport photograph by fax or post.
- If you do not have visa forms then send in the passport particulars (Name, Passport No., Date of Issue, Date of Validity, Place of Issue, Occupation, Nationality, Date of Birth and Home Address) along with photograph.
We will apply for the Bhutan visa through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thimphu and on approval send you the visa clearance number which will also be automatically intimated to all Druk Air Station Managers. Without this visa clearance number the Druk Air will not permit you to board the flight.
The visa will be given on arrival at Paro Airport or Phuentsholing on payment of US$ 20 per person. Airport tax of Nu. 300 will be charged on departure at Paro Airport.
A tourist visa is granted for only 2 weeks. However, depending on the program the visa can be extended and the visa extension fee of Nu. 510 will have to be borne by the individual clients.
- Entry to Bhutan is by Druk Air from Bangkok, Dhaka, Calcutta, Delhi and Kathmandu. The aircraft used is
the the Air bus 319. If you wish to travel overland, you can also enter Bhutan from its southern gateway, the city of Phuentsholing and the nearest airport is in the city of Bagdogra (West Bengal, India)
All Druk Air space is controlled by the airlinešs headquarters office in Thimphu. We will take care of your booking for Druk Air and we can purchase the tickets and send them to the Druk Air out station offices. You can either pick up the tickets from the city offices if you have the time or it can be delivered to you at the Airport.
Book the tours well in advance with the date of entry and exit from Bhutan mentioned clearly. This is mainly to ensure seats on Druk Air flight, which has a limited seating capacity of only 61Y class and 10 J class seats. Druk Air has a summer and winter flight schedule which differ only in timings. The days of operation remains the same.